Mummys hideaway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fun and friendly forum for mums and pregnant ladies of all ages

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

kids expectations

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cathhaslam

cathhaslam

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-11-11

kids expectations Empty
PostSubject: kids expectations   kids expectations I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 6:36 pm

I am lucky, my kids dont expect the earth when it comes to christmas presents. I have friends whose kids would throw a tantrum at any age if they didnt have hundreds of gifts to open on christmas day, they dont get that its a time to get that one big present you really want and a few ace surprises. Do you think the parents are at fault promising what they cant afford, or is it the media advertising all the expensive gifts in one advert break, or are we raising selfish 'want it all now' kids? x
Back to top Go down
xxkatiexx
SITE OWNER
xxkatiexx

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-11-10

kids expectations Empty
PostSubject: Re: kids expectations   kids expectations I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 3:18 am

my kids are only young and dont really properly understand xmas yet kasey is getting there she nos that santa will bring her presents xmas if she is good we keep telling her but emily is 1 and dont understand at all but when they are older and they really want somethin then ile get them the big thing they want and a few other little bits and bobs thats if i can afford it if not then ile tell them to choose somethin a little smaller something that i can afford i grew up that way i had o my mum had 7 kids i was thankfull for every present i got off my mum because i new she couldnt afford to get anythin really big and exspensive even my 1st mobile fone was a second hand 1 i got that for xmas 1 year but i was made up because i wanted a mobile and didnt care if it was second hand or not xx
Back to top Go down
https://mummyshideaway.forumotion.com
xxkatiexx
SITE OWNER
xxkatiexx

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-11-10

kids expectations Empty
PostSubject: Re: kids expectations   kids expectations I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 3:22 am

kids today are so selfish its all about me me me im hopein my kids dont grow up like that im tryin not to raise them that way but they get spoilt off there nanna ive tried tellin her but she doesnt listen but she not been too bad this year we will see in a few years when kc really understand and if she doesnt get what she wants she will probably throw a tantrum but hopefully not fingers crossed lol but we will have to see xx
Back to top Go down
https://mummyshideaway.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

kids expectations Empty
PostSubject: Re: kids expectations   kids expectations I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

kids expectations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mummys hideaway :: General chat :: Debates and descussions-
Jump to: